Saturday, June 5, 2010

Glitter is the Herpes of Craft Supplies!

I have taken a lover. His name is Micheal. Just Kidding, but my relationship with a certain craft store of the same name is getting pretty serious, even Perez has covered it. Definitely not hatin' on Loveland (last week's town of the week, Woot Woot!) but I have needed something to fill my not so busy and slightly boring schedule and have taken up the renowed art of crafting. 

My first inspiration came from Abby and Jackie's suitemate Lucy. Since now the Bachelorette is back on, I was reminded of her joyous appearances during the Jack Pavelka era. And also, this means her craft time. I found the other day a hat box much like the one that she decorated and put my own mod-podging skills to use. Just like in the 8th grade, with OC sleepover nights. This time it was a little classier, black and white with both Barbra and Katharine for goodness' sake! (Streisand and Hepburn for those of you who aren't Sarah Akers) Since then I have filled it with the preliminary makings of a craft corner. Stickers, Glitter and of course my 120 pack.

 

The next project also has colors in common with a zebra, but on a much larger scale. Jackie and I embarked on a remodel of an old table to be fit for 17 Cherry Tree Lane next year. Although it is still in the process of being decorated, progress is B-E-A-utiful! Jackie is planning on using her creative wiles to add flowers and swirls and all sorts of gorgeous things to the top!  (Pictures to come when it is finished =) you just wait)

Another secret project includes gifts for my little baby graduates... but that is all I will say about that...

P.S. Crafting has taken up a good share of my time, but another new favorite thing is accompanying my friend Jacqueline "Champion" Dulude while she is training for the Chicago Marathon. So far, so good. But, she has yet to see how hardcore of a trainer I am. She thinks I am joking about pelting her with dixie cups to prepare for those crazed sideline volunteers. This could get interesting.

P.S.S. Joe wanted to share an ice cream fact with the world. Ice cream is meant to be enjoyed with a metal spoon, so no longer will I settle for those knock off plastic ones the Whipty-Do! has been offering. I believe I deserve the REAL DEAL. And Nicole Weinrich gave me the little factoid that back in the day, Nestle wanted to mass produce ice cream cones so they hired food science majors from Ohio State. Their result? The Drumstick. The Secret? Delicious chocolate coating INSIDE the cone. Oh Hey Ohio, way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment