Sunday, August 15, 2010

"Life is a Runaway Train you Can't Wait to Jump on."


My Dad and I before the Concert

I guess I need to pay more attention to who sings my favorite country songs, because last night at the Sugarland concert I must have leaned over and told my Dad at least three or four times that I had no idea Sugarland sang the song playing. Good thing I didn't dismiss the thought of going because I knew only a couple songs they sang! Little Big Town and Vonda Shepard opened for the band, and even though I had really never heard any of their songs, I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed them. 


Little Big Town

hen Sugarland took the stage all the country fans from Cincinnati and Kentucky, including me got crazy excited! I knew that Jennifer Nettles was a great singer, but she was also a great performer and all around entertainer. My dad pointed out how great it is that she was able to go from her southern twang to gorgeous vocals effortlessly, all in the mist of one song. 

My personal favorites of the night included the song "Already Gone" (hence the title of the post), "Genevieve" (which I think I noticed the lyrics change from "I'd do anything to just be with her" to "I'd do anything to just forget her, interesting?...) and especially the song "Everyday America". In the middle of the song, Jennifer Nettles threw in a country remix of Single Ladies, some Jackson Five and Party in the U.S.A.! And how can I forget the accordion solo, played by her keyboardist with a superb handlebar mustache. 

In honor of Elvis' passing, Sugarland brought Little Big Town back out to sing "Walking in Memphis," which is one of my Dad's favorite songs and their rendition gave me chills, it was amazing. 


1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I love sugarland! Jennifer nettles is so amazing! I'm glad you had fun :) I'll have to give you their new single when we get back to school!

    ReplyDelete