Monday, August 9, 2010

I Solemnly Swear I am Up to No Good.


I started out with the seventh book, preparing for the first installment out in November. But, as my love for Harry, Hermione and Ron re-blossomed, so did my reading list. It might not have been the most academically stimulating book agenda, but taking a trip through memory lane as I worked through the Harry Potter series again was refreshing and a dose of exactly what I needed to clear my brain of the headache inducing Honors book list of the school, and read something that was purely pleasurable. What I had never noticed before is that as I grew up, so did the books. J.K. Rowling obviously knew what she was doing because as her audience and her characters mature, so did her style of writing. Even after reading the books for a second and third time I can't help but cry when Cedric, Sirius and especially when Dumbledore and so many others die. She makes it as though the reader feels like they are friends with the novel. I was 8 years old when The Sorcerer's Stone was published and I was 16 when The Deathly Hallows was released, right in the middle of the ages that the books were targeted at, and roughly the same ages as the characters that the books followed. This is further proof that Emma Watson and I might be long lost twins, given that we share birthdays and flawless British accents.



Recap of  Hilarious (almost!) Forgotten Dumbledore, aka my favorite character ever, Quotes:
HP1: Dumbledore "I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"
HP5: Dumbledore's Howler "Addressed to Mrs. Petunia Dursley, The Kitchen, Number Four Privet Drive"
HP6: Dumbledore "And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure"
HP6: Dumbledore, Amycus and Alecto "Good evening Amycus" said Dumbledore calmly as though welcoming the man to a tea party. "And you've brought Alecto too...charming!" "Think your little jokes will help you on your deathbed then?" she jeered
"Jokes, No, no these are manners"replied Dumbledore.

Mischief Managed.

1 comment: