Friday, August 13, 2010

Preparation: A little off Track.

It is finally close enough to school starting again that I can begin to pack and get things ready without being considered crazy and overly anxious. (Well some might still call me crazy with the label making fiasco that has been going on, but that is beside the point). A few days ago I started going through the things that I had packed away in May, which seems forever ago and I was pleasantly surprised to find many things that I had forgotten about.

Exhibit # 1: Last spring I was obsessed with saving all the tops to my Snapple bottles, because I thought the sayings on them were so clever and quirky. I found a whole bag of them, and after they still made me chuckle I decided I couldn't throw them away, so I cleaned them off and made them into little magnets for our refrigerator!


Fun Snapple Facts:
The first lollipop was invented in Connecticut.
Broadway is one of the longest streets in the world, it is 150 miles long.
Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
A spider's silk is stronger than steel.
The planet Saturn has a density lower than water. It would float.
An average of three billion cups of tea are consumed daily, worldwide.
The most popular ice cream flavor is vanilla =)

After getting out my boxes of school supplies I found a lot of my Sharpie collection that I thought had gotten lost. Yay for hidden storage places! I thought as I went through these that I have two favorite colors that I usually take notes with, plum and burgundy. They are the perfect colors, they don't really bleed as much as others, they are more interesting than black yet still dark enough to not have to try to read. I really wanted to buy more of just those colors, doesn't seem too unreasonable right? Well let me tell you! After going to three craft stores, I went online and still found nothing that would satisfy my needs. Although I did find this Sharpie Gem! Awesome, right? So, I decided to email Sharpie and ask them straight up if I could buy just those colors in bulk. They were about 50% helpful, I can buy plum in bulk but I am still on the rampant search for burgundy, let me know if anyone knows more than me!


Exhibit #2 Plum and Burgundy!

Last year I had many bouquets of fake flowers in my room (God knows I couldn't keep up with real ones!) But I didn't have my favorite kind, sunflowers! I was having trouble finding some that I really liked, they either looked way too fake or were way too expensive. In the mean time, my mom picked up the real deal! at the grocery store and I was having fun taking pictures with my camera that I discovered had a setting for plants, who knew!



Also on another note before I left, my sister Katie and I wanted to visit Old Milford and go to a cupcakery called Sugar. Sugar was featured on the show Cupcakes Wars earlier this summer, (apparantly I am now obsessed with going to places that are on the Food Network? Three in a month, woah now!) It was super cutesy and decorated in browns and purples, and the cupcakes were delicious, it is a close second to the first cupcake store that I have mentioned, Sweeterie. It might have to do with the fact that Sugar is all organic, which as healthy as that is, it just can't beat that real sugary goodness. You know, the stuff that might eventually kill you, but tastes damn good until it does.



Sugar, on Main Street in Milford

Official Countdown until Baumhart (aka 17 Cherry Tree Lane) Move-In:
10 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment