Friday, September 10, 2010

Feelin' Good and Hungry

I love the performers in the subway, on the streets and all over Chicago. I always try to give them my spare change because I love hearing random singing and I don't want them to go away. The only problem I have is that a favorite song of these street entertainers is "My Girl." While this might not be a problem for some, to most Cincinnatians, this song is no longer "My Girl" but it is the Skyline jingle, and I can't seem to shake the lyrics that the commercial replaced. So whenever I hear "I guess... you'd say... what can make me feel this way!..." I instinctively want to say "SKYLINE." Call it good PR, but I just get embarrassed.
After this occurred a couple of times, I decided my sub-conscience must be craving the delicious mouth watering taste of chili cheese coneys, and that is not a desire I was going to leave unsatisfied! Abby, Jackie and Sarah make really classy dinners. Spaghetti, BBQ Chicken Pizza, Chicken Prochutio. But, for me, nothing is better than good old, make-your-heart-stop, skyline chili treats! Heck. Yes. Represent. I warned that it was expected to be messy and delicious, and I would be disappointed if my roommates (plus Denise and Lauren =] ) tried to stay classy and clean. By the end they were asking for me to pile on more chili. This is yet another thing I can claim to get my friends addicted to, it's right up there with Sex and the City. But of course, I would never solicit addictive behavior...


No comments:

Post a Comment