Sunday, September 12, 2010

Give me those Sprinkles!



Is it just me, or does it seem like lately that cupcakes have TAKEN OVER THE WORLD! Even in my little neighborhood there are three "gourmet" cupcake shops and I know I have previously written about two places in Cincinnati. These sort of places didn't exist two years ago so where did they all come from! They are super cute and everyone that works there is high on sugar (or something stronger?), as my friend Alexis mocked them: "Oh my GOD, YES, Cupcakes!" I might ask where in the world these overly caffeinated and peppy girls come from, too? Anyways, these places have us bowing down to them... Is this a McKinley High Glee Club cupcake sale? I don't know anything else that gets my roommates and I to run down the street at a moments notice, so something must be up. Let me back up, today Abby got a tweet from Alexis saying that Sprinkles would give you a free cupcake if you whispered the password "Raspberry Cordial." Even this ritual seems like a cult, but I am not complaining... and neither would you if you had the most delicious cupcake ever smeared all over your hands and face in the middle of a park on a gorgeous Chicago afternoon. 




1 comment: