Saturday, October 9, 2010

Push, Push Baby Don't Stop for a Minute



I hate running. But, I decided slash was convinced that I was going to give up on years of inactivity and start seriously running. I know, ew. That was my first thought too. But, it turns out it's not too bad. It's actaually... fun (gasp!). Running along the Lakeshore is cool (tempurature that is) and serene and pretty. I have started to notice that I actually crave running sometimes! Sure, it's tiring, since I have never been a runner, but having a great training partner makes up for it! Wink Wink Sarah Akers. I know she would never willingly make me run frantically for an extra mile and a half looking for her on the trail. Just Kidding. We decided our first race is going to be modest, just a 10K on Thanksgiving, but Jackie is super excited for us! (She is running a MARATHON tomorrow, by the way, no big deal or anything). It's awesome because I feel like I have pushed myself to do many things in my life, but never anything physical, so it's a good change of pace. I finally have a reason for wearing all my Lululemon clothes, and a reason to feed my obsession! To keep me motivated, I have been introduced to the great invention of NASTY RAP. It's fantastic. My favorite song to jam to while running is Push! among others that will not be discussed here. Hehe. My running playlist will hopefully keep me on this motivation high for the next 6 weeks until we are in our first real like race! Psh and I know a marathon will be coming right up after that, duh.


No comments:

Post a Comment