Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Spring! (Well Actually Just a Warmer Version of Winter)




Being in Chicago has given me a little different perspective of spring time this year. It may not be 70 degrees and sunny all the time, but my friends and I have been getting out and enjoying the city so much! One one of the first warm weekends we made the trek to Lincoln Park Zoo! We saw all the Zoo babies and maybe some things that we could have gone without seeing (Zebra anyone?) The best part about it was that it is ABSOLUTELY FREE, which believe me, is a big deal for a college student. The only scary thing was on the bus on the way there I believe I had a crazy on my hands. The woman sitting next to me was muttering to herself about being stabbed in the neck, having needles poked in her eyes and kept saying softly "This is the worst bus ride ever." Ok cray cray, chill out. Boy, was I glad to get off that bus, well that's the CTA for ya! (The picture is my sassy friends expertly demonstrating to Mufasa and Narabi the "Circle of Life")
Recently after the zoo, we made a quick trip to the Lake, Swan Lake that is. We all got gussied up and went downtown for Ghiadelli's and the show on my birthday. The birthday fairy godmother must have been looking out for us since she upgraded our tickets to BOX FREAKING SEATS! Yep, that's right. We're classy.




And as if that weren't enough, my dad came to visit me that weekend. We went to a Cubs game against the Astros and although they lost, I did enjoy my ballpark dog (oops, I may have put ketchup on it), seeing McLovin' throw out the opening pitch and the sign that read "Houston, We don't have a Problem."



Later that night, my dad was quite the ladies' man and took my 4 best friends to the RAINFOREST! We ate jungle fries and jungle burgers (but no jungle juice of course). Then *drum roll please* there was a flaming volcanofor dessert, complete with sparkler and all! You can bet your butt it tasted about as fantastic as it sounds! Needless today, Best Birthday Weekend Ever!

1 comment:

  1. i broke. your comment virginity on this blog. now we're even. no take-backs.

    ReplyDelete